No. It can cause some sensitivity to cold for some people, specially if you have a history of sensitive teeth or suffering of that at the moment. This happens because bleaching material can open the orifice of Dentin tubules ( the opposite effect of sensitive tooth paste that blocks them ) and make them sensitive to cold.
It can also damage your gum if not to be used properly or you use a lot of bleaching material so it runs over your gum and stays there for couple of minutes.
You should stop or cut down the time of bleaching and start using sensitive tooth paste. After a couple of days when the sensitivity goes away or decreases you can start or continue as normal.
No. Still you can do it but you need to start using sensitive tooth paste first and get rid of sensitivity as much as possible. Also it would be better if you use home bleaching as the bleaching material’s concentration is less in that technique.
Usually if you get the instruction of home bleaching technique properly and do them accurately, it is safer in regard to accidental gum burn and also getting sensitivity. Also it is in your own hand when and for how long to do it. You stop it when you are happy with the shade of your teeth.
The other point is usually after a while like six month or so, you may need to repeat the bleaching process according to the amount of coffee you drink every day , if you smoke or not, your oral hygiene and number of times you brush in one day. So the good point with home bleaching is that you have the trays and material for your next bleaching course and don’t need to see a dentist.
It is a very flexible clear plastic that fits on your teeth completely as it has the form of your teeth.
No. Bleaching tray materials won’t change or dry out if you don’t keep them wet. This is different from denture materials which will shrink and distort if left out dry.
In the fridge. Keeping them in the fridge will extend its life so it can be used for longer period of time.
Take the trays out as soon as you feel burning sensation in your gum and wash your mouth with warm water and make sure you clean the gum from bleaching material.
If you see some redness or white spots on your gum as a result of bleaching, stop doing the bleaching for couple of days and continue to rinse your mouth with warm salty water three times a day before you start again.
It is better to brush before and not to drink coffee or soft drinks for one hour before and after bleaching.
No. Unfortunately there are some discolorations that bleaching does not help. Your dentist always can help you to find the best way to improve your smile.
No. It does not affect the fillings or crowns, so you may need to change some of your restorations after finishing your bleaching course.
Those white spots can be demineralization of enamel. You better have a consult with your dentist. He/she may advise you to use a product that is called “GC tooth moose” to help remineralize the enamel again. You cannot buy tooth moose from chemist.