Do you put diligent effort into keeping your teeth bright and in great shape? Our teeth can play an essential role in our everyday lives, whether it involves taking photos, participating in meetings at work, social situations or family gatherings. Even with plenty of brushing, flossing, and regular use of mouthwash, patients can still feel unsatisfied with their cosmetic dental appearance from the effects of ageing, gradual staining, chips, cracks, or misalignment. Fortunately, at BMB Dental Clinic, we offer our patients in Mona Vale and the surrounding areas plenty of cosmetic dental options that boost confidence and contribute to a fantastic smile!
When Might I Consider Cosmetic Dental Treatment?
Some cosmetic dental treatments fall under the ‘optional’ category for patients. Still, others, such as dental implants, can foster better oral health by supporting the surrounding teeth and improving gum health. Each patient has a unique dental situation and individual factors that determine the need for a cosmetic dental treatment. Some common problems that may prompt a cosmetic dental treatment include:
- Discolouration and yellowing: Some patients may want to rid their smiles of any blemishes due to diet, wear and tear, lifestyle habits, and even genetic factors.
- Chipping, cracks and fractures: Life happens, and damaged teeth can cause cosmetic problems and heighten the risk for other issues when it comes to overall oral health
- Misshapen teeth: If you have teeth that don’t seem to fit in with the rest, it can create unwanted cosmetic outcomes and make efficient cleaning difficult from unwanted gaps between teeth
- Crooked, misaligned teeth: Patients suffering from misaligned teeth may want to straighten their smiles. Crookedness may also provide problems further down the line. For this reason, many choose braces or invisible aligners to achieve a more orderly, healthier smile.
- Missing teeth: besides their threat to your oral health, missing teeth can damage confidence, leaving some reluctant to smile or participate in social situations.
- Worn down teeth: Some patients suffer from bruxism or other conditions that make them grind their teeth, which can cause noticeable damage.
Our staff takes the time to sit down with patients and discuss which options can work for their smile, the projected outcomes from a procedure and if any treatments can aid in preparing their teeth beforehand. Even with positive cosmetic results, we prioritise our patient’s oral health first and foremost.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Mona Vale
At BMB Dental Clinic, we offer patients quite a variety of cosmetic dental treatments. Whilst some also solve other issues such as tooth loss or orthodontic conditions, they all add value to a bright cosmetic look. Our cosmetic dental services include:
- Zoom! teeth whitening: Fast and efficient tooth whitening that rids your smile of any unwanted discolouration
- Porcelain and composite dental veneers: Dental veneers sit on top of an existing tooth and provide seamless integration with the rest of a patient’s smile. Veneers can cover misshapen or damaged teeth while reducing unwanted gaps in a smile.
- Dental implants: Dental implants offer an incredibly life-like tooth replacement option consisting of a biocompatible titanium screw placed directly into the jawbone. The screw forms a base for a dental crown that looks and functions like a natural tooth!
- Dentures: You’ve most likely heard of dentures. Dentures replace an entire set of teeth and rely on the mouth’s natural suction to stay in place. Each set of dentures provides a custom fit and look for each patient while supporting facial structures and gum health.
- Dental crowns and bridges: When patients need to cover up a damaged tooth or replace a missing one, dental crowns offer a custom look for smile rejuvenation. Dental crowns help patients keep their existing teeth if damaged and dental bridges consist of dental crowns to fill in the gap left by a missing tooth.
- Invisalign, ClearCorrect aligners, and traditional braces: Modern dentistry offers plenty of options for realigning a crooked smile! Besides the cosmetic benefits, aligning teeth helps patients clean their teeth more effectively and supports gum health in the long term.
- Tooth-coloured fillings: Have you ever had a cavity? If so, you’ve probably needed a filling to protect the damaged tooth. Tooth-coloured fillings preserve the cosmetic look of teeth damaged from cavities and other wear, decay, cracks and chipping.
The Benefits Associated with Cosmetic Dentistry
Many cosmetic dental procedures add massive value to our patients’ smiles and keep their oral health in great shape. Some may feel surprised by the significant changes from such seemingly minor adjustments to their teeth! A few notable benefits include:
- Improvement in overall self-esteem, especially in social situations
- Motivation to keep up with oral health by brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash regularly
- Desire to schedule regular appointments with a dentist to maintain the effects of a cosmetic treatment
- Boosted confidence
- A brighter, cleaner look for your smile!
We invite new and existing patients with larger aspirations for their smiles to contact our dental clinic. Our professional staff is available to discuss potential treatments and how they can achieve the most for you and your smile! Patients can call (02) 8411 1366 to arrange a consultation or simply book online.