Do you envision a bright, radiant smile for yourself? Maybe you’ve grown tired of the stains on some of your teeth, and you’d like to enhance your smile’s cosmetic appearance. At BMB Dental Clinic, many of our patients take advantage of our professional teeth whitening service to brighten their smiles, but how does the process work exactly?
Professional Teeth Whitening
Even with consistent brushing, many patients notice the accumulation of stains or discolouration as time goes on. Teeth whitening may be the right choice for you in the following situations:
- Yellowing of teeth
- A few discoloured, darker teeth that don’t seem to fit in with the rest
- Patients with a history of acidic diets (coffee, certain berries and wine)
- Patients with damage from smoking tobacco
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
Depending on a patient’s preference and personal situation, they can whiten their teeth during a visit to a dentist, with take-home kits on their own time, or a combination of both.
- During an in-office whitening treatment, a dentist generally takes custom moulds of a patient’s teeth to create trays that hold and apply a bleaching gel to their teeth. They may also use a light to help facilitate the whitening process.
- Take-home kits allow patients to wear whitening trays at their leisure over a period of time (determined by their dentist).
In both cases, patients should expect a brighter, happier smile!
Teeth Whitening in Mona Vale
Our team at BMB Dental Clinic cares that our patients are happy with their cosmetic dental appearance. Upon consultation, we can determine the feasibility of a teeth whitening procedure, how bright you’d like your teeth to be, and any other factors worth considering. We want to be with you every step of the way in your teeth-whitening journey!
If you have aspirations for a brighter smile, our team is here to help! We invite you to arrange a consultation online or call us at (02) 8411 1366 to get started!